Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Drooling Over New Zealand Architecture.

I have a super duper special place in my heart for New Zealand. It is one of the most beautiful places on Earth and I am just dreaming of the day I can return. When we were traveling in New Zealand I would always say, I just can't quite comprehend at this time how beautiful things are. Everyday I was seeing the most gorgeous and unique natural landscapes and environments that I'd ever seen before. My head was constantly whipping around, with jaw dropped, and all I could say was "oh my gosh, look over there! wow! wow! look over there! wow!" I am feeling the same way as I drool over the work of New Zealand based Fearon Hay Architects. The Sandy Bay Farmhouse makes my heart skip a beat. I would gladly stay here on my next holiday;-)

Just imagine the night sky filled with star light. Oh so gorgeous!

The countertop is stunning wish I knew what material it was. Such a gorgeous matte finish which makes me think it may be sandstone or concrete. Any ideas?

What a great connection with the outdoors. Just thinking this would be the perfect place for a wedding:-)

wow...that's all I need to say!


I can't help, but sharing with you another project by Fearon Hay Architects. The Mountain Retreat located in Central Otago blends in perfectly with the natural landscape and environment in the region without being too raw.

This home is completely hidden upon entry from the road. You must climb down the roof to enter into the front door. How cool is that!
This view takes my breathe away! And look at how stunning that fireplace and log holder are!

I love this combination of materials.


Check out that bathtub you know there is such a killer view!
I WILL return to New Zealand one day and for now I am going to continue to dream about staying in one of these stunning holiday homes on my return!

Read the entire article over at Arch Daily

1 comment: