Monday, January 25, 2010

Design Milk: The Beat Boxed 10

In 2010 a few of my goals are to take more baths (rather than showers that is), meditate often, and see The Flaming Lips perform live! Every January I start looking forward to Coachella and the release of the much anticipated lineup. Well, my original article was written last week and since then the lineup was released and the Flaming Lips will not be playing:-( The lineup is insane, so I cannot complain! I can still lounge around in my Flaming Lips inspired bathroom and listen to their latest album Embryonic!



“To see or not to see, to be in a gentle and magical form. Transparency and volume dancing together intertwining in a unique and endless hug. Floating, sensing and dreaming.” This description of the Arturo Álvarez Flu Lamp perfectly captures the feeling one should sense in this bathroom. The psychedelic kaleidoscope tiles dance on the floors and onto the walls with water like essence. The glass tub fills with water and disappears into the ground and you feel as if you’re floating inside the room. The veins of the black marble shoot through the prisms and create the powerful, but soft energy of water carving through rock. The lighting floats dreamily above while the energy and ethereal movements of the space make you feel like it’s some kind of hypnotist! Get it?!

DJS, this insanely gorgeous retail store in Hong Kong, designed by Panorama International at first glance probably does not make you think…”Oh yeah, The Flaming Lips!” ... I feel like if you put inside this store and turned me in circles I probably wouldn’t be able to find my way out. I’d feel like I was floating in mid air, much like I’m imaging the way I’d feel if I was that jumbo ball floating over the crowd at a Flaming Lips. Read the entire aricle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment